Labels

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Discernment 2014: Would Jesus Go On The Benny Hinn Show?

I just received an email from godly friends to watch Irwin Baxter on recent Benny Hinn TV Shows. My friends know that Benny Hinn disgusts me; however, Irwin Baxter is a godly eschatologist, with a great message. Rather than watch Irwin for the sake of an edifying message, I pondered pictures of Benny Hinn and equally famous TV Preacher Paula Jones caught in an affair in 2011 in Italy walking hand-in-hand. To the best of my knowledge, Benny apologized more for being caught, than for having the affair. Does appearing on an unrepentant pastor’s TV show tarnish a godly man or woman’s reputation? 

We know from the Bible that Yahushua associated with tax collectors, prostitutes, demon possessed, and other sinners. He even ate with people of questionable backgrounds. Albeit, some of the throng that surrounded Yahushua repented; many continued sinning.  His accusers cited these associations when they rebuked Yahushua.
“Why does your Rabbi eat with tax collectors and sinners?” Matthew 9:10 (CJB)

In Yahushua’s case, he was incorruptible and purely Holy, for nothing could taint Him. However, we are corruptible. Does our inclination to do evil make it impossible for the saved to deliver a godly message to the masses from a questionable pulpit? Or rather, does Benny Hinn’s flawed state allow first access to the Kingdom of Heaven?
But give me your opinion: a man had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’ He answered, ‘I don’t want to’; but later he changed his mind and went. The father went to his other son and said the same thing. This one answered, ‘I will, sir’; but he didn’t go. Which of the two did what his father wanted?” “The first,” they replied. “That’s right!” Yeshua said to them. “I tell you that the tax-collectors and prostitutes are going into the Kingdom of God ahead of you! For Yochanan came to you showing the path to righteousness, and you wouldn’t trust him. The tax-collectors and prostitutes trusted him; but you, even after you saw this, didn’t change your minds later and trust him. Matthew 21:28-32 (CJB)

My goal is to help you to discern better in the coming months by discerning what’s in the cup, and not by what’s on the outside of the cup. Years ago, Demitru Dudeman appeared with Stan Johnson in Prophecy Club Meetings across the USA. While Stan’s goal was to sell oil stocks, Demitru’s goal was to persuade America to repent. I feel that the venue didn’t taint the speaker.
Maurice Sklar claims that he worked for Benny Hinn for years before Mr. Hinn became an anathema in Christianity. I’ve heard Maurice say, “I used to be in the Who’s Who of the Holy Zoo!” It’s true; Mr. Sklar wasn’t tainted by his associations. Likewise, Perry Stone may raise money for any despicable TV sleazebag with any despicable TV sleazebag; yet, I don’t think he has tainted his ministry…yet.

I believe that Benny Hinn began his ministry to preach the Good News of Jesus. He’s still preaching, but I don’t think his message resonates anymore. I think that he should retire before he becomes thoroughly wicked.
 
Oral Roberts began his ministry to preach the Good News of Jesus. By the end, he was coercing followers to give him money so that HaShem wouldn’t kill him. Oral never healed anyone. HaShem’s Spirit healed people. I don’t know when Oral flipped to the dark side, just like I don’t know when Solomon flipped either.

Give Oral $8 million or HaShem will kill him? http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/decemberweb-only/151-21.0.html

I have problems with self-appointed prophet Kim Clement. However, I have close friends that trust him. I’m still discerning on the Kim Clement issue. I broke friendship with good friends over attractive TV pastor Katy Souza. Katy is another questionable pastor from Extreme Prophetic, a very questionable organization. TV pastor Melissa Scott is a very alluring false preacher. While Beth Moore is very attractive, she is quite legitimate. Many Christians loathe Joyce Meyer, and yet, I think she’s godly. The bottom of the barrel is Steve Munsey, a troll that trolls for sheeple’s cash. Yet, he may occasionally edify the body. Go figure?

There are times when a godly pastor will deliver an ungodly message in accordance with prophecy. Please read I Kings 13 for one of the strangest Bible stories ever about two prophets with two different messages.

My point: The venue doesn’t taint the message; rather, a false message or a false lifestyle taints the pastor. Todd Bentley tainted himself down in Lakeland Florida. His affair and shenanigans reflected on him and not on HaShem.
You will be severely tested soon by good and bad pastors alike. I’m telling you to learn to discern from reading the Bible and the Torah with time-tested friends, and then put your faith into practice.

We are commanded to listen to all messages and discern. Sometimes the message is from HaShem and sometimes….
Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment